Faculty, Staff, and Students
Conferencing tools help bring people together to communicate and/or work together from remote places. These tools make it possible to host online meetings, webinars, classes, training, and demonstrations without traveling. At Spelman, you will find users using these tools to work with others on grant proposals, co-teach classes with colleagues, or to bring guest speakers to their classes. Spelman College offers several conferencing options with a wide range of features. A room-based conference is referred to as a video conference. A browser-based conference is referred to as a web conference.
Web Conferencing Tools
- GoToMeeting - provisioned to administrative divisions
- Adobe Connect - provisioned to academic departments
- Skype for Business - campus-wide
- Blue Jeans - provisioned upon request
Rooms with Video Conferencing Systems
- Science Center 232 (faculty, staff)
- Milligan Conference Room (faculty, staff)
- Laura Spelman Video Conference Room (Student-use only)
- Giles G16 (Faculty-use only)
Service Features & Options
See Comparison Matrix to view features of each web conference tool & room locations.
See Active Learning Matrix to view features of Active Learning Classrooms (ACL) & room locations.
- For web conferencing, the host needs a host license, which is assigned by STS to departments and divisions.
- Licenses cannot be shared among users. The host must be present to initiate a web conference.
- No license is required for attendees to participate in a web or video conferencing session.
- The Laura Spelman video conferencing room is designated for students only.